● MBBS : 1994, MGIMS, Nagpur University, Nagpur
● BA (Psychology) : 1994 Nagpur University, Nagpur
● Diploma in Psychological Medicine (DPM) : 1996 KEM, Mumbai University, Mumbai.
● Trained Under WHO –De-addiction Center of Excellence at KEM, Mumbai : 1996.
● Diplomat of National Board : 1997 National Board of Education (Min. of Health & Family Welfare),New Delhi
● Trained in Child and Adolescence Psychiatry under World Psychiatric Association : 2005.
● Maharashtra State Medical Council Accredited faculty/speaker; MMC/MAS/02704/2014
● Won the Scholarship of Commonwealth Commission : 2016-For MSc (Dementia Studies) From University of Sterling. UK
Work on Promoting equity and humane qualities of care for people with mental illness:
Dr. Shailesh V Pangaonkar has developed and institute for diagnostics, therapeutics and day care for mentally ill persons in the year 2000. His work as a director and clinician is listed below:
Consultation & Counseling: Since 2001
● More than 1, 00,000 patients treated
● Child and Adolescent patients more than 25000 treated
● Senior citizens more than 7500 treaded
● Trained 32 Clinical Psychologist, 18 Social Workers and 58 nursing students
● Through IMA Programs trained 2200-2500 Medical Doctors
● In Collaboration with Ministry of Defense (National Academy of Defense Production) conducted 14 workshops for 400 retiring officers for prevention of determine.
● In collaboration with University of Nagpur, conducts 4 month program on Subjective Well Being and Mental Health right for 1800 Class IV employees.
Work on reducing the negative discrimination of mentally ill
Through affiliations of NGOs, societies, government organizations, industries, industries, school and media has disseminated concept of person cantered mental health and protection of their rights.
Delivered 2000 public lectures for 120000 people in India
● Guest Lectures -1020
● Oral Presentation – 110
● Published 18 Research papers in International Journals
● Conducted 15 Seminars till date
● Poster Presentations – 3 National & International
● Granted Patents – 3
● All India Radio: 144 talks on various issues of Mental Health
● T.V. – 36 times interviewed on psychological causes or impact of various social events
● ‘Mann’ a musical program of mentally ill people has reached 12500 persons